Introducing the Mohican Adventure Hunt, an exciting new way to get out and explore the Mohican area with your family or friends. Teams will race to complete a list of tasks, racking up points along the way by sending in videos or photographs after each task. Think of it as a mix between a scavenger hunt and the Amazing Race, with tasks ranging from discovering a local landmark to asking strangers to do something crazy. The first team to complete the list, or with the most points when the clock runs out, will be the champion and take home $150 in cash.
Grab your friends and get your team together, because you'll be telling stories about this event for years to come. Each team can consist of as many people as you want, but all must fit and travel in the same vehicle. Team colors or costumes are not required, but highly encouraged!
Check-In and starting location will be in the Catholic Church parking lot immediately behind the CRF Museum (203 E. Main Street Loudonville), beginning at 9:45 am.
- Each team (car) will receive a sealed packet containing their list of 50 different activities to complete, places to go, or things to do before they can cross them off their list. In order to be counted, teams must send a photograph of their team performing the task or at the assigned location to museum staff. Contact information will be included in the sealed packet.
- The first team to complete all 50 tasks OR the team with the most tasks completed at the designated finish time will become our winner! In the event of a close call or tie, time-stamps attached to the photographs or videos sent to the museum will be used to declare a winner. Note that the time stamps will be based on the time the message was received, not the time it was taken or sent.
- Make sure at least one team member has a smart phone and can send videos and photographs, without it you won't be able to earn points! Don't forget to bring a charger, so you don't run out of juice in the thick of the race.
- All teams must remain together throughout the hunt. Splitting up is strictly prohibited, and teams caught cheating will be disqualified.
- Teams are not required to spend money during the event, however extra cash may help teams complete certain tasks faster (ie purchase an item, rather than finding it). We also recommend filling up your gas tank before the event.
- The Cleo Redd Fisher Museum and Mohican Historical Society are not responsible for any injuries sustained during the event, or laws broken. Please drive responsibly.